Job Title: Kitchen Steward / Prep
Division: Ted Turner Expeditions
Location: Raton, NM
Reports to: Executive Chef
FLSA Status: FT/ Hourly / Non-Exempt
Contact: Chris Redman / Recruiting and Training Manager
Office Phone: (406) 600-2551
Ted Turner Expeditions (TTX) eco-conscious journeys are individually crafted and tailored to their specific North American locales: Turner’s Ladder, Armendaris and Vermejo Park Ranches and Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa in New Mexico. These unique adventures are intended to deliver insightful and exhilarating experiences across 1.1 million acres of private ranchlands, while also providing extraordinary guest service. Ted Turner Expeditions is committed to making a difference by inspiring individual action to preserve the integrity of our earth and the creatures that inhabit it.
Vermejo Park Ranch, located in northern New Mexico and southern Colorado, spans approximately 585,000 acres, making it the largest Ted Turner Expeditions vacation property. With its unique location in the southern Rocky Mountains, Vermejo is home to abundant wildlife populations such as elk, deer, pronghorn antelope, bison, black bears, mountain lions, and more. Through extraordinary guest service and our expert adventure guides, Vermejo provides guests of all ages unparalleled opportunities for outdoor exploration with activities such as hiking, biking, horseback riding, fishing and wildlife viewing for a truly unforgettable Ranch getaway.
The Kitchen Steward is an essential component of providing exceptional service to guests. This position is in charge of operating and maintaining all kitchen cleaning equipment and tools to provide a safe and clean working environment for all who work in the kitchen area. Additionally, this position will assist the cooks with prepping and plating food as needed.
As a Kitchen Steward, job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operates all cleaning equipment and tools including; Dishwashing machine, handwashing station, pot scrubbing station.
- Wash and disinfects kitchen and storeroom areas, tables, tools, knives and equipment.
- Receive deliveries, store perishables, and rotate stock.
- Inspect all items for cleanliness, re-washing when necessary to ensure absolute cleanliness of stock.
- Breakdown buss tubs.
- Empty and maintain trash cans and dumpster area.
- Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments.
- Dispose of glass in proper containers.
- Breakdown cardboard boxes and place them and other recyclables in the recycle bins.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with Management during service.
- Follows all cleanliness and sanitation procedures.
- Follows all TEI/Vermejo Park Ranch Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains professional, composed and calm demeanor always.
- Assists in an entire team effort.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
The following is expected of every Team Member of TTX/Vermejo Park Ranch. Special Skills or knowledge are necessary for this position:
- No experience required, this is an entry level Back of House position.
- Shows care and compassion for team members both in and out of department.
- Puts needs of coworkers above their own.
- Speaks about others in and out of department in a positive light.
- Self-directed, energetic and motivated with multi-task capabilities.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others.
- Maintains a positive attitude while providing excellent service.
- Adjusts to high pressure situations and is open to change.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Facilitates positive employee image and effective guest relations by demonstrating attention to detail, congeniality, integrity and sound judgement.
- Must possess strong interpersonal interaction skills
- Available to work nights and/or weekends (flexible work schedule)
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of uncertainty or crisis.
- Operates in a professional manner at all times in and out of the restaurant setting.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Daily physical requirements and/or number of pounds that may need to be lifted on the job.
- Stands during entire shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, pours, carries and pushes.
- Lifts and carries trays and other items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent exposure to steam, hot working spots, humidity, cold.
- Must have slip resistant shoes or boots.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Successful applicants must possess a valid New Mexico Driver’s license or be able to obtain one within 30 days of employment. Driving record must meet the eligibility requirements of the TEI liability carrier. Employee will be required to sign a confidentiality statement and undergo a background check. Must have or be willing to obtain a state of New Mexico Alcohol Server Permit.
Other: Position requires applicant to live on The Ranch headquarters approximately 40 miles from the closest town. Ranch location is approximately 4.5 hours’ drive south of Denver or 4.5 hours’ drive north of Albuquerque.
Compensation: Competitive hourly salary, company housing provided, meals provided.
Turner Enterprises, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco / Drug-Free Work Place.
Vermejo Park Ranch
Vermejo Park Ranch, located in northern New Mexico and southern Colorado, spans approximately 585,000 acres, making it the largest Ted Turner Expeditions vacation property. With its unique location in the southern Rocky Mountains, Vermejo is home to abundant wildlife populations such as elk, deer, pronghorn antelope, bison, black bears, mountain lions and more. Through extraordinary guest service and our expert adventure guides, Vermejo provides guests of all ages unparalleled opportunities for outdoor exploration with activities such as hiking, biking, horseback riding, fishing and wildlife viewing for a truly unforgettable Ranch getaway.
The following are positions we will be hiring for our 2018 season. Look at the bottom of the page to see which jobs are currently available to apply for:
The Activities department is looking for Guides of several levels of experience. We need people with some or all of the following skills: GPS operation, fishing, hiking, biking, horsemanship, firearms, and archery. Must possess a warm personality with the ability to entertain and communicate effectively. Knowledge of local plants and wildlife is a plus. Must be extremely committed to safety, have a great driving record and be neat, clean, and presentable.
Bartenders are responsible to provide guests with custom ordered drinks and an inviting atmosphere. Ability to entertain and excellently communicate is required. Must be able to manage charges appropriately and efficiently. Most importantly, Bartenders should have a charming personality under periods of high stress.
The Kitchen Steward is responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and organization of the cooking area and all kitchen equipment. The Kitchen Steward will also assist with basic food prep and food plating as needed.
FRONT DESK AGENT
Front Desk Agents are the primary liaison between our guests and the property. Their most important role is to provide the highest possible guest service and hospitality by properly and enthusiastically managing guest requests. Front Desk Agents handle all arrivals and departures and represent our property to the guests during their stay.
Housekeeping attendants play a vital role in maintaining our standards of excellence and level of comfort throughout the property. They are responsible for keeping guest rooms and common areas clean and safe ensuring the absolute comfort of guests and staff members at all times.
Attention to detail is a critical component in our Line Cooks supporting the desire to provide an exceptional dining experience for our guests. Line Cooks are in charge of preparing the food items in the pantry or other areas in the kitchen. They are responsible for cleaning and maintaining their station. Line Cooks must practice exceptional sanitation, safety, and organizational skills.
Waitstaff are responsible for delivering 5-star dining standards to our guests. They should be focused on creating a memorable meal experience for each individual guest. Must have a warm personality and the ability to maintain grace and composure under high-stress situations.
Company Website: vermejoparkranch.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)