Job Title: Front Desk Agent
Division: Ted Turner Expeditions
Location: Raton, NM
Reports to: Front Desk Supervisor
FLSA Status: FT/ Hourly / Non-Exempt
Job Type: Seasonal
Contact: Chris Redman / Recruiting and Training Manager
Office Phone: (406) 600-2551
Ted Turner Expeditions (TTX) eco-conscious journeys are individually crafted and tailored to their specific North American locales: Turner’s Ladder, Armendaris and Vermejo Park Ranches and Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa in New Mexico. These unique adventures are intended to deliver insightful and exhilarating experiences across 1.1 million acres of private ranchlands, while also providing extraordinary guest service. Ted Turner Expeditions is committed to making a difference by inspiring individual action to preserve the integrity of our earth and the creatures that inhabit it.
Vermejo Park Ranch, located in northern New Mexico and southern Colorado, spans approximately 585,000 acres, making it the largest Ted Turner Expeditions vacation property. With its unique location in the southern Rocky Mountains, Vermejo is home to abundant wildlife populations such as elk, deer, pronghorn antelope, bison, black bears, mountain lions, and more. Through extraordinary guest service and our expert adventure guides, Vermejo provides guests of all ages unparalleled opportunities for outdoor exploration with activities such as hiking, biking, horseback riding, fishing, and wildlife viewing for a truly unforgettable Ranch getaway.
The Front Desk Agent should be outgoing and friendly with a gregarious personality and natural talent for customer service. We want our guests to feel as though we know their needs before they communicate them to us, and be able to fulfill their needs in a timely manner. The ideal Front Desk Agent will ensure that each guest’s stay exceeds their expectations from arrival to departure.
As a Front Desk Agent, job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform guest arrivals, including greeting the guest on the driveway, room/property tours, luggage assistance, verifying credit cards, and computer check-ins.
- Assist guest departures, including processing folio adjustments, collecting payments, coordinating departure schedules, assisting with luggage.
- Meet and exceed guests’ expectations by anticipating services they might require and fulfilling them.
- Schedule guest wake-up calls and reservations as needed.
- Prepare and verify the accuracy of the Daily Status Sheet.
- Prepare and deliver boxed-lunch cards for guest arrivals.
- Schedule and verify in-house guest activities, spa appointments, meal times, guides, to ensure a seamless guest experience.
- Respond to guest concerns and complaints as needed.
- Answer phones and respond to guest inquiries.
- Perform room inspections, and place guest welcome notes and itineraries in rooms.
- Perform Company Store sales as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy of guest folios by verifying retail store purchases, spa charges, guide charges and rooms charges.
- Record cash tips and be responsible for the cash drawer during shifts, drop cash/checks into the safe at night.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the front desk, lobby, entrance and lounge
- Follows all TEI/Vermejo Park Ranch Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains professional, composed and calm demeanor always.
- Assists in an entire team effort.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
The following is expected of every Team Member of TTX/Vermejo Park Ranch. Special Skills or knowledge are necessary for this position:
- Friendly, outgoing, personality.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Mathematical Computation.
- Organizational skills- ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Shows care and compassion for team members both in and out of department.
- Puts needs of coworkers above their own.
- Speaks about others in and out of department in a positive light.
- Self-directed, energetic and motivated with multi-task capabilities.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others.
- Maintains a positive attitude while providing excellent service.
- Adjusts to high-pressure situations and is open to change.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Facilitates positive employee image and effective guest relations by demonstrating attention to detail, congeniality, integrity and sound judgment.
- Must possess strong interpersonal interaction skills.
- Available to work nights and/or weekends (flexible work schedule)
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor in during periods of uncertainty or crisis.
- Operates in a professional manner at all times in and out of the restaurant setting.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Daily physical requirements and/or number of pounds that may need to be lifted on the job.
- Stands during entire shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, pours, carries and pushes.
- Lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Successful applicants must possess a valid New Mexico Driver’s license or be able to obtain one within 30 days of employment. Driving record must meet the eligibility requirements of the TEI liability carrier. Employee will be required to sign a confidentiality statement and undergo a drug test and background check.
Other: Position requires applicant to live on The Ranch headquarters approximately 40 miles from the closest town. Ranch location is approximately 4.5 hours’ drive south of Denver or 4.5 hours’ drive north of Albuquerque.
Compensation: Competitive hourly salary, dorm style company housing, and meals provided.
Turner Enterprises, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-Free / Drug-Free Work Place.
Vermejo Park Ranch
Vermejo Park Ranch, located in northern New Mexico and southern Colorado, spans approximately 585,000 acres, making it the largest Ted Turner Expeditions vacation property. With its unique location in the southern Rocky Mountains, Vermejo is home to abundant wildlife populations such as elk, deer, pronghorn antelope, bison, black bears, mountain lions and more. Through extraordinary guest service and our expert adventure guides, Vermejo provides guests of all ages unparalleled opportunities for outdoor exploration with activities such as hiking, biking, horseback riding, fishing and wildlife viewing for a truly unforgettable Ranch getaway.
The following are positions we will be hiring for our 2018 season. Look at the bottom of the page to see which jobs are currently available to apply for:
The Activities department is looking for Guides of several levels of experience. We need people with some or all of the following skills: GPS operation, fishing, hiking, biking, horsemanship, firearms, and archery. Must possess a warm personality with the ability to entertain and communicate effectively. Knowledge of local plants and wildlife is a plus. Must be extremely committed to safety, have a great driving record and be neat, clean, and presentable.
Bartenders are responsible to provide guests with custom ordered drinks and an inviting atmosphere. Ability to entertain and excellently communicate is required. Must be able to manage charges appropriately and efficiently. Most importantly, Bartenders should have a charming personality under periods of high stress.
The Kitchen Steward is responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and organization of the cooking area and all kitchen equipment. The Kitchen Steward will also assist with basic food prep and food plating as needed.
FRONT DESK AGENT
Front Desk Agents are the primary liaison between our guests and the property. Their most important role is to provide the highest possible guest service and hospitality by properly and enthusiastically managing guest requests. Front Desk Agents handle all arrivals and departures and represent our property to the guests during their stay.
Housekeeping attendants play a vital role in maintaining our standards of excellence and level of comfort throughout the property. They are responsible for keeping guest rooms and common areas clean and safe ensuring the absolute comfort of guests and staff members at all times.
Attention to detail is a critical component in our Line Cooks supporting the desire to provide an exceptional dining experience for our guests. Line Cooks are in charge of preparing the food items in the pantry or other areas in the kitchen. They are responsible for cleaning and maintaining their station. Line Cooks must practice exceptional sanitation, safety, and organizational skills.
Waitstaff are responsible for delivering 5-star dining standards to our guests. They should be focused on creating a memorable meal experience for each individual guest. Must have a warm personality and the ability to maintain grace and composure under high-stress situations.
Company Website: vermejoparkranch.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)